In recent years, more and more ball screws have been used in various machines to meet the requirements of high-precision and high-performance equipment; ball screws have become one of the most widely used rotating components. In NCN machinery, the ball screw increases its positioning accuracy and prolongs its service life. In traditional machinery, the ball screw has gradually replaced the Aike mother screw. Ball screws are usually equipped with pre-pressure to eliminate the backlash during mechanical operation. However, if the ball screws are improperly installed, they will not run smoothly and will not be able to demonstrate their high precision and long life.
Improper bearing installation:
(1) The surface of the screw or nut bead is rough;
(2) The roundness of the steel ball, screw or nut is out of tolerance;
(3) The lead error or pitch diameter of the screw or nut exceeds the tolerance range;
(4) Improper assembly of the return pipe;
(5) Uneven steel ball size or hardness;
Other foreign matter enters the steel ball track:
(1) Pieces of packaging materials block the track: Ball nuts and screws are packed with a lot of packaging materials and anti-spread bags at the time of shipment. If the packaging or arrangement of the steel balls is not performed in accordance with the appropriate standard procedures, foreign objects or Other debris objects may block the steel ball track, causing the steel ball to slide instead of normal operation or even jam;
(2) Processing debris enters the track. If the ball screw is installed without a wiper, the processed debris and dust will easily accumulate and block the steel ball track, resulting in poor smoothness, reduced accuracy or reduced service life.
Over-travel: Over-travel will cause damage and depression of the return pipe, or even break, which will cause the steel ball to fail to operate normally. Under such severe conditions, it may cause the surface of the screw or nut bead to peel off. The problem of over-travel is most likely to occur in the machine setting, limit switch failure or crash. In order to prevent further damage to the ball screw, the ball screw must be inspected and repaired by the manufacturer before reinstalling the ball screw.
Fourth, the return pipe is damaged: If the return pipe is severely impacted during the installation process, the return pipe may cause a depression or the above-mentioned problems.
Eccentricity: If the nut seat and the bearing seat are not concentric, radial load will be generated. If the two deviations are too large, the screw will bend. Usually, the eccentricity will not cause obvious bending, but abnormal wear will still occur. It happens continuously, and the speed of the screw accuracy is reduced. The higher the preload of the nut, the higher the eccentricity accuracy. Improper combination of nut and nut seat: Inclination or eccentricity of the nut during installation will cause abnormal load and cause voltage instability when the motor is running. The ball screw is damaged during transportation.<